Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cameroon won't be a vacation . . .

Typical of my life, I won't be relaxing in Cameroon. These folks have plans for me. CITEC wants me to do a series of workshops on communication strategies in project management. I still haven't completed my power point slides! Plus, check out this email:

CAMBCITEC Yaounde
Jul 12
Hi BeLinda,
Good day.
Just to inform you that we intend
1. to invite not only students for your workshops but also people in responsible positions in the different Ministries and organizations. This will help us also to publicize the CENTRE. In fact the list has been compiled and should be sent out on Monday16 July 2007.
2. to use your slides to produce handouts to participants. This we can do on Saturday 21 July 2007 with the CENTRE facilities in preparation for Monday 23 July.I hope that the slides are in Power point format
3. to use your visit to the School to advertise and expose the SCHOOL. to the Cameroonian public. This we will do by requesting you to kindly accept to appear on some programs in our local RADIO and TELEVISION to talk about the workshops and CITEC. For instance there is a program "choosing your career" which can be very appropriate, and here you can talk about technical writing as a career.

I will contact the Radio and Television only after your
confirmation that the idea is acceptable.

Thanks for your usual understanding and see you on Friday next week

Martin
.

No comments: