Saturday, July 21, 2007

Back home . . .

After the airport experience, the experience of meeting my host was like night and day. My host, Professor Martin Amin, was so warm and welcoming. He was there to greet me with staff members of CITEC.(The staff members were very handsome :) They grabbed my bags and put them in an SUV. Everything was happening so fast that it occurred to me that I hadn't fully realized I was in AFRICA. Suddenly a wave of joy and appreciation set in. I was on the soil of my ancestors. I had returned home for all my enslaved ancestors who probably prayed to return home while they were confined in the cramped savage conditions of the middle passage. I had returned home for all those ancestors who toiled in the fields and wanted to return to the warm shores of their homeland. Well my ancestors through me your prayers have been answered--you have returned home through me. You are home now.

No comments: