Monday, April 2, 2007

Informing the other groups that I'm not coming . . .

I've made the decision to join BEDERUP this summer, but I've yet to inform the other groups of my decision. And I must tell them today. I don't know why I'm 'stressing' over it. After all it's not like I'm an Oprah Winfrey, a sister with money and star power. I'm just a little ole' tech writer in San Francisco with no influence and little money in the grand scheme of things.

But I'm connected to these people by blood. I feel an obligation to care and help in whatever way I can. I suppose my dilemma centers on wanting to help them all, which is impossible. If I had a year off from work I'd find a way to spend time with each group, but that isn't the case.

Although I can't be with each group personally, I will offer to be a go-between for any contacts they want to make here. Perhaps I can help them find organizations here who'll donate time and money on their efforts. And maybe one day I'll get around to spending time with them all.

1 comment:

airwolf said...

Don't stress about not being able to help the other groups. By overly thinking about this situation you are negating your time and mind to the group you are finally helping. I commend your sincerity about helping other groups but not all of us are Oprah. Besides she has ONLY established two schools for girls, right? No bid deal.

Ah, remember when writing rejection letters; The negative news comes last!!!!