Monday, May 28, 2007

Slight change in plans . . .

Since my last post I've decided not to stay the entire trip with BEDERUP. Instead I'm going to stay most of the time in Yaounde with the CAMBCITEC organization. Why? A day or so after my last post I heard from my CAMBCITEC contact. He offered me free room and board at their facilities. Although I've already paid for my lodgings in BEDERUP, I thought about the offer. They are located in the capitol city, which means better access to amenities such as bottled water and better internet access. My kidney issues require a large intake of water. I worried being out in the bush with BEDERUP that getting bottled water might be a problem. Also being out from hospitals might be a problem. (Although I'm REALLY not that worried about being hospitalized. I've been doing much better lately. Good for me :) I want to be able to stay in touch with family while I'm there. With BEDERUP, communication might be more of a challenge.

So I took CAMBCITEC up on their offer. I plan to leave CAMBCITEC for a couple of days and visit BEDERUP and offer to do long distance help such as writing proposals and so on for them. If I can arrange it I will try to visit the other organization that was interested in me volunteering with them.

I haven't heard from my BEDERUP contact lately. I'll contact him soon and inform him of my change of plans. I'll tell him to keep my payment for room and board as a charitable contribution, with the exception of the couple of days or so that I will visit with them.

1 comment:

airwolf said...

It is an amazing opportunity for you to see the country (even if its just a small section). I am glad for you, and it must feel exciting having to go to another country and learn explore and perhaps discover things about yourself that you may not have noticed. I am so proud of you that you didn't let your illness or others discourage you from taking this trip. This trip can serve as an empowering, rewarding, and wonderful. I am sure you will have a blast there. You've made an excellent chose to relocate to a place with plenty of water. One thing though; how will you enjoy the country when you will be writing proposals all day. I think you should concentrate on help one group and help yourself to exploring your environment.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!