Friday, January 26, 2007

Weighing my options: BERUDEP (2)

I haven't heard back from my contact (GM) at BERUDEP. I'm surprised. He usually responds very quickly. Being a sensitive person, my first inclination is to suspect the slower response stems from GM feeling insulted by the directness of my questions. (Although I think they are perfectly fair questions.) I always want to be 'nice' and not insult or hurt anyone's feelings. So it's easy for me to feel this way. Another part of me--the suspicious cynical part --thinks maybe I hit a nerve by asking so many questions. Suppose BERUDEP is some nefarious undertaking that is using community development as a cover.

However, my intellect says he runs a large organization and has many responsibilities. I posed several questions to him. He probably hasn't had time to respond. I will roll with my intellect and give GM a few days to respond before assuming the worst. In the meantime, I'll pose the same questions to the next organization on my list.

Side note--GM asked about the possibility of African American churches volunteering. I have a friend (DP) who's a minister. I asked him to make some inquires within his denomination. He agreed and has done so. He's just waiting for responses. It would be great if a church would be interested. Let's just hope I hear from BERUDEP again :-)

No comments: