Tuesday, January 23, 2007

So much to do!!

I have lots to do to get ready for this trip!
  • Get a Visa. Cameroon requires a Visa, in addition to your passport, for entry into the country. I'm setting a goal to have the documentation mailed off by Feb.1.
  • Select a community organization. While in Cameroon, I want to volunteer my time with an organization that uplifts and empower to those in need. A volunteer opportunity can also provide comfort and companionship.
  • Purchase supplies and gifts. Over the next six months I'll be buying the proper attire and supplies for the trip. I can be more specific in what I purchase after I determine where I volunteer. Community organizations typically request volunteers to bring gifts that will help the people they serve, such as books, pens/pencils. computers, and so on. As with the supplies, I'll have a better idea of what gifts to get after I determine where I volunteer.
  • Get in better physical shape. Signed up for a gym membership today. I hate gyms, but I want to build up my physical endurance and strength. You never know when you might be faced with a physical challenge.
  • Produce the documentary. Aaron, my co-producer, and I are formulating our production plan and evaluating our resources.
I'll elaborate on all the items in my checklist in separate threads.

2 comments:

BN_babygirl1 said...

Hi Mommy! Just wanted to drop a line and say Im very proud of you in your efforts. Im here to support you weither I go or not! Love you!

Aaron said...

Hey,

I just thought of a good idea.. we could go workout at Golden Gate Park or something.. they have steps there we could exercise on. If we had a camera we could bring it and get some footage!!