Saturday, February 3, 2007

Weighing my options: CAMBCITEC

Before I got a chance to send my questions to CAMBCITEC,the director sent to me the email below. After reading it, you'll see I have two organizations asking me to make a commitment to a work assignment. I was hoping not to be at this stage of the game so soon. I wanted more time to explore other opportunities without having to stall. I guess I could always opt to be direct and state I'm exploring other organizations before making a decision. Then again, perhaps weighing options at a leisurely pace is unfair to these organizations. They have important work and they probably need to lock up their resources quickly to fill in gaps that are desperately needed.

(By the way, I mentioned I would ask my brother, a hardware engineer, to consider accompanying me. CAMBCITEC seems to assume my brother is confirmed to come. I need to let them know he won't be joining me.)

Decisions, decisions . . . . .

Dear BeLinda,
I am preparing the seminar documents for when you and your brother will be here in the summer. I will send the draft to you when it is finished so that you react and we finalise it but I think it should not be long since you are definitely going to have other things to do. A one-day seminar should be OK, one person presenting and holding workshops in the morning and the other in the afternoon.

BeLinda , I am also interested in a twining arrangement between CITEC and a school / Organisation in IT in San Francisco or other State. Would be grateful if you can link me up.

The arrangement can begin by us inviting those American colleagues for them to come and see what we are doing

Definitely your coming will be the begining of that link

BACK TO YOUR COMING
I propose that generally the seminar should center on three main issues:
1 Software applications in Education, Research, Business and Finances
2 The writing of computer technical documents
3 Guidlines for the purchase of hardware for different uses
Discuss with your brother and tell me. If we agree you will then begin to work out the details.

Please give me your phone number(s) so that I can call you.
Mine are +237 XXX XX XX
+ 237 XXX XX XX

I do not know how many hours we are ahead of you but I know that my children in XX are 7 hours ahead of us here in Cameroon.

Director of CITEC

No comments: