Friday, February 16, 2007

I've been away, but productive

Haven't posted in a few days, but I've still been busy working on this project.

A couple of days ago I had a meeting with a Dolby colleague who manages video/audio production. He allowed me to ask him questions about the type of video equipment I should rent/purchase. He provided great information that will help me narrow further research and make some initial decisions. In a later post I'll elaborate on the specs about the equipment.

I'm going to have to buy a camera. I think it would be too expensive to rent a camera while I'm in Cameroon. I might be able to delay purchase by renting while I'm still in San Francisco. Then again the time saved and convenience of a owning a camera might outweigh financial considerations. More research is needed. Stay tuned.

I'm still behind on getting my Visa forms submitted. Originally I was supposed to submit it by Feb. 1, then Feb. 15, now I'll aim for March 1. Wish me luck!!!

I had a follow-up from BERUDEP. They have some ideas about some projects. I need to make a decision. I can't volunteer for all the groups I contacted. I think it is only fair that I decide now so I can focus on the organization and nurture a relationship.

So I'll make a decision by next weekend. I wish I had a lot of readers. I would take a poll. But as usual, I'll make the decision myself :-)

Another thing I need to make happen---start shooting the video. I guess I'd better make a decision about a camera. Next weekend perhaps? The sooner the better.

No comments: